임재현 교수는 현재 서울대학교 경영대학 및 경영대학원에서 생산서비스운영 분과의 교수로 재직하고 있다. 서울대학교 부임 전에는 미국 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 경영대학에서 조교수 및 부교수로 재직하였다. 생산서비스운영, 경영과학, 프로세스혁신 등의 과목을 학부, 석사, MBA, EMBA 과정에서 가르치고 있다. 주요 연구 분야는 물류 네트워크의 최적화/리스크 관리, 친환경 생산경영이다. 특히 최근에는 녹색기술 및 녹색제품 등의 저변확대를 위한 기업의 운영전략과 효율적인 시장 지원을 위한 정책에 대해서 연구하고 있다. 연세대학교 산업공학과에서 학사, 미국 Northwestern University 산업공학/경영과학 석사와 박사학위를 받았다.
Michael K. Lim is Professor of Operations Management at Seoul National University Business School. Before joining SNU in 2017, he served as a faculty member (Assistant/Associate Professor) in the Department of Business Administration at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Professor Lim’s research interests include supply chain/logistics management, sustainable operations management, and environmentally- and socially-responsible operations. He holds B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Yonsei University and M.S. and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering & Management Sciences from Northwestern University.
- PhD, Industrial Engineering & Management Sciences, Northwestern University (2009)
- MS, Industrial Engineering & Management Sciences, Northwestern University (2006)
- BS, Industrial Systems Engineering, Yonsei University (2004)
- Professor, Seoul National University (2021-)
- Associate Professor, Seoul National University (2017-2021)
- Associate Professor (with tenure), University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA (2016-2017)
- Assistant Professor, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA (2009-2016)
- Analyst, Motorola, Libertyville, IL, USA (summer 2005)
- Analyst, IT Consulting, IBM, Seoul, Korea (2004)
- Sergeant (military service), Republic of Korea Air Force, Osan, Korea (1999-2001)
[HONORS AND AWARDS]
- Y-KAST member 한국과학기술 한림원 차세대회원, Korean Academy of Science and Technology (2020-)
- Outstanding Teaching Award 경영대 우수강의상, College of Business, Seoul National University (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Winner, MSOM Best Paper Award (2018)
- Creative-Pioneering Researchers Program 창의선도 신진연구자, Seoul National University (2018)
- List of Excellent Teachers, University of Illinois (2010-2017)
- M&SOM Meritorious Service Award, INFORMS (2016)
- Finalist, UIUC College of Business Alumni Association Award, Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching (2015)
- Winner, INFORMS Energy, Natural Resources, and the Environment Young Researcher Prize, INFORMS (2014)
- SOLA-AIR Dissertation Award, Honorable mention, INFORMS (2009)
- Transportation Center Dissertation Fellowship, Northwestern University (2008-2009)
- Delta Nu Alpha Foundation Scholarship (2008)
- Got Organic Milk? Joint Inventory Model with Supply Uncertainties and Partial Substitution (with Donggyu Jeon, Zhenkang Peng, Ying Rong). Operations Research Letters, 48(5), 2021.
- Why Have Voluntary Time-of-Use Tariffs Fallen Short in the Residential Sector? (with DongGu Choi, Karthik Murali, Valerie Thomas). Production & Operations Management, 29(3), 2020.
- Money Well Spent? Operations, Mainstreaming, and Fairness of Fair Trade (with Ho-Yin Mak and Seung Jae Park). Production & Operations Management, 28(12), 2019.
- Promoting Clean Technology Adoption: To Subsidize Products or Service Infrastructure? (with Guangrui Ma, Ho-Yin Mak and Zhixi Wan). Service Science, 11(2), 2019.
- The Effects of Ecolabels and Environmental Regulation on Green Product Development (with Karthik Murali and Nick Petruzzi). Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 21(3), 2019.
- Beyond the Speed-Price Tradeoff (with Jason Acimovic and Ho-Yin Mak). MIT Sloan Management Review, 59(4), 2018.
- Food-Energy-Environment Trilemma: Policy Impacts on Farmland Use and Biofuel Industry Development (with Xin Wang and Yanfeng Ouyang). Energy Economics, 67(9), 2017.
- Agility and Proximity Considerations in Supply Chain (with Ho-Yin Mak and Zuo-Jun Max Shen), Management Science, 63(4), 2017.
- A Continuum Approximation Approach to the Dynamic Facility Location Problem in a Growing Market (with Xin Wang and Yanfeng Ouyang). Transportation Science, 51(1), 2017.
- Biofuel Supply Chain Network Design and Operations (with Yanfeng Ouyang). Invited book chapter, Environmentally Responsible Supply Chains, Edited by Atalay Atasu, Springer, 2016.
- Municipal Groundwater Management: Optimal Allocation and Control of a Renewable Natural Resource (with Karthik Murali and Nick Petruzzi). Production & Operations Management, 24(9), 2015.
- R&D Outsourcing in an Innovation-driven Supply Chain (with Kyoung-Kuk Kim). Operations Research Letters, 43(1), 2015.
- Toward Mass Adoption of Electric Vehicles: Impacts of the Range and Resale Anxieties (with Ho-Yin Mak and Ying Rong). Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 17(1), 2015. (Link to MSOM Blog)
- Infrastructure Deployment under Uncertainties and Competition: The Biofuel Industry Case (with Xin Wang and Yanfeng Ouyang). Transportation Research Part B, 78, 2015.
- Alternative Fuel Station Location Model with Demand Learning (with S. Bhatti and Ho-Yin Mak). Annals of Operations Research, 230(1), 2015.
- Facility Location Decisions with Random Disruptions and Imperfect Estimation (with Achal Bassamboo, Sunil Chopra, and Mark Daskin). Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 15(2), 2013.
- A Facility Reliability Problem: Formulation, Properties and Algorithm (with Mark Daskin, Achal Bassamboo, and Sunil Chopra). Naval Research Logistics, 57(1), 2010.
- The Effect of Forecasting and Information Sharing in SCM for Multi-generation Products (with So-Young Sohn). European Journal of Operational Research, 186(1), 2008.
- Hierarchical Forecasting based on AR-GARCH Model in a Coherent Structure (with So-Young Sohn). European Journal of Operational Research, 176(2), 2007.