- ADMISSION GUIDE FOR 2014 Global MBA
1. Admission Timeline
|Application Deadline and Notes|
|Online Application||Jan6 - Mar 28, 2014 (by 4 p.m.)||* Register online (http://gsb.snu.ac.kr)|
|Document Submission||Jan6 - Mar 28, 2014(by 5 p.m.)||
* The required documents must arrive at the Graduate School of Business by deadline.
* Applicants must have already completed the online application.
|TEPS Special Test||Thur, Mar 20, 2014 (at 2 p.m.)||
* SNU Language Education Institute(on campus location)
* Applicable only to those who do not have required English Test Score
Early Decision & Interview Announcement (General Candidates)
Final Decision Announcement(International Candidates)
|Fri, May 2, 2014 (at 3 p.m.)||* GSB website (http://gsb.snu.ac.kr)|
|Interview||Thur, May 8, 2014||
* By invitation only
* International applicants are exempt from it
|Final Decision Announcement (General Candidates)||Fri, May 23, 2014||
* Results will be posted on the SNU website
|Registration||June, 2014||* To be announced|
* The schedule is subject to change.
2. Application Types
Within the Global MBA admission process, prospective students can consider two different ways; general and international applications. Please check the below chart for the details.
|Application Type||Number of Students|
|General Application||International Application|
To be determined
(The number of slots to be determined by the admissions committee)
|SNU MBA||70||35 max.|
- Global MBA program may admit additionaly up to 50% of General Application.
- All courses of Global MBA are provided in English.
- The applicants are able to apply to either Global MBA or SNU MBA. If they apply to both, they will be disqualified from the admissions process.
3. Eligibility for Application
A. General Application
- All applicants are required to have bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
(The bachelor’s degree must be validated as of August 31, 2014)
- All applicants are required to have English proficiency test score. Minimum scores that we admitted are TEPS(701) or TOEFL(IBT 99) or IELTS(Academic)6.5 taken within 2 years from admission deadline which is March 28, 2014.
* Applicants who hold bachelor’s or higher degree from the institution in English speaking countries are exempt from submission of English proficiency test score.
* Opportunity for admission interview is limited and is conducted solely by the invitation of the admissions committee.
B. International Application
Prospective students who regard oneself as international applicants must satisfy either one of the given requirements as below;
- 1) Applicant him/herself and both parents must hold the foreign nationality other than Korea.
- 2) Those of who received entire elementary, secondary and university education abroad with bachelor's degree or the equivalent.
Minimum requirements are as below;
- All international applicants are required to hold bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
(The bachelor’s degree must be validated as of August 31, 2014)
- All applicants are required to have English proficiency test score. Minimum scores that we admitted are TEPS(701) or TOEFL(IBT 99) or IELTS(Academic) 6.5taken within two years from admission deadline which is March 28, 2014.
* Applicants who have received bachelor’s or higher degree from the institution in English speaking countries or who have worked at least three years in English speaking countries are exempt from submission of English proficiency test score.
4. Admission Criteria
2) In case applicants have the same scores, separate criteria set by GSB shall be applied.
3) GSB may not admit any applicant if it views no one meets the academic criteria although there is room for the class.
4) Submitting GMAT or GRE score is highly recommended.
5) Scores Distribution
|Step 1 Document Screening||Step 2 Interview||Total|
|General Application||Early Decision||100||-||100|
* Document Screening: academic results, job experiences, recommendation letters, essay and English proficiency
* Interview: business scholastic aptitude, managerial qualities, the ability to take English courses, etc.
* International applicants may be requested remote interview upon request of the admissions committee.
A. Admission decision for General Applicants
- a) Step 1 (Document Screening)
- (i) Early decision: About 30% of the applicants are admitted early based on the results of document screening.
- (ii) Regular application ( applicants for interview): Twice the number of final applicants (except the number of those admitted early) is selected.
- b) Step 2 (Interview)
- Final applicants are selected based on the combined results of document screening and the interview (except the number of those admitted early).
- c) In case of vacancy, additional applicants are admitted based on the combined results of Step 1(Document Screening) Step 2(Interview) after notifying individuals via phone.
- d) Final Admitted Applicants
① Those admitted early
② Those selected through the advanced admission
③ Those admitted additionally in case of vacancy
B. Admission decision for International Applicants
Final decision will be made exclusively depends on document screening by the Admissions Committee.
5. Required Documents
|1. One completed online application form||O||O||O|
2. Transcripts and graduation certificates
( You must submit official transcripts and graduation certificates from all your colleges and universities you have attended.)
|3. Two Letters of Recommendation (must be sealed) (Form Download)||O||O||O|
|4. Essay (Personal statement and study plan) (Form Download)||O||O||O|
|5. Certificates of working experience||O||O||O|
|6. Resume (Form Download)||O||O||O|
7. English Proficiency Test Result
TOEFL, TEPS, or IELTS taken within two years from March 28, 2014
Optional documents : GMAT, GRE, etc.
A copy of the applicant’s passport
Copies of both parents’ passports
9. Official documents indicating parent-child relationship between the applicant
and his/her parents
10. Certificate of Facts concerning the Entry and Exit
(issued by the Korea Immigration Office)
11. Official transcripts or certificates of graduation from all school you have
attended since elementary school
|12. Financial Certification (Form Download)||X||O||X|
* Category 1 : Foreign applicants whose parents are both foreign nationals
** Category 2 : Applicants who have completed elementary, secondary and university education abroad with a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
※ Korean citizens who hold dual citizenship are considered as “Applicants of Korean Origin.” They are not eligible to apply as foreign students.
※ If the applicant is supported by his/her corporate, he/she is required to submit corporate sponsorship application. (Form Download)
※ All documents must be either in English or Korean. Documents in other languages should be accompanied by notarized
English or Korean translation.
※ Original documents should be submitted. Should they be unavailable, however, copies must be authorized by the originating
institution before they are submitted.
※ Please place the application materials in the order as listed above.
1. One Completed Online Application FormAfter completing online application, you should print it out and send it to us with other application materials. Log in our website for online application (http://gsb.snu.ac.kr). Please make sure that your online application will be done only after you pay the application fee (\75,000).
2. Transcripts and Graduation CertificatesYou must submit official transcripts and graduation certificates from all your colleges and universities you have attended.
3. Two letters of RecommendationYou can download the letter of recommendation form from GSB website. You must obtain two recommendations. Each letter should be written by different recommender. Be sure to give them adequate time to complete the forms before the application deadline. Recommendations should be sealed in the envelope and signed across the back by the recommenders.
4. Essay (Personal Statement & Study Plan)All applicants are required to submit essay. You can download essay form from GSB website. Essay includes two parts; personal statement and study plan. Personal statement is an opportunity for you to convey information about yourself and your accomplishments that could not be adequately expressed through other portions of the application. And the study plan should state your academic goals and career aspirations.
5. Certificate of Working ExperienceIf you have any full-time working experience, you must submit official verifications of employment showing the date of the conferrals (month and year). Your total work experiences can be summed up with each experience.
6. ResumeYou can download the resume form from GSB website. You must state true information, show the results of your efforts and/or value you added to your company and team, and show how much you have experienced and grown professionally over the course of your career.
7. English Proficiency Test ResultAll academic courses are provided in English. If English is not your native language, you need to demonstrate English proficiency by taking TEPS (Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul National University), TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or IELTS(Academic) (International English Language Testing System). Test must be taken no more than two years prior to the admission deadline (March 28, 2014). If applicants do not have English proficiency test score yet, he/she may apply for admission under the condition that one promise to take TEPS special exam that SNU Language Education Institute provides at 2:00 pm on March 20, 2014. We will take the higher test score between the score that you have already submitted, and the TEPS special test score if you’ve already submit your exam score. Further information for TEPS special exam will be posted on GSB website.
6. Submitting Application
- 1) You must complete online application form by logging in to the online application program on GSB website(http://gsb.snu.ac.kr). You can easily finish the online application by following the instructions.
- 2) In order to complete the online application form, you must pay the application fee (￦75,000 KRW) which is not refundable online with this portion of the application. You must follow the instruction given by the admission website. Your application cannot be completed without making payment.
- 3) Applicants whose forms and supporting documents are incomplete or unsatisfactory will be disqualified from the admissions process.
- 4) A high volume of connections are anticipated on the deadline; completing the application prior to the deadline is recommended.
- Once applicants complete the online application, print out the completed application and the application checklist. Please mark and place the application checklist in front of the application packet, and arrange the application materials in the order listed on the checklist. Submit your application packet by visiting office or via registered mail by March 28, 2014 along with the required documents to the following address. Our Admissions Committee will consider your application only after receiving all the documents including application fee.
MBA Admissions Office
Graduate School of Business
Seoul National University
LG Building (59-dong), Room # 205
Gwanak-ro 1, Gwanak-gu
Seoul, Korea 151-742
☎ 82-2-880-2551, 1334
- The admissions staff reserves the right to require additional documents from the applicant, should there arise a need to verify the authenticity of submitted materials. Please do not fax your application materials to our office.
7. Admission Decisions
Admission decisions are made in two times. Early admission which is for general admission only and final decision for international admission will be announced on May2, 2014, on GSB website(http://gsb.snu.ac.kr) and final decision for general admission will be announced on May 23, 2014 on both GSB website(http://gsb.snu.ac.kr) and SNU website (http://admission.snu.ac.kr).
In June, 2014 (Further schedule will be posted after announcing the final decision for general admission).
9. Admission Policies
- A. The applicants are able to apply to either Global MBA or SNU MBA. If they apply to both, they will be disqualified from the admissions process.
- B. All online applications must be submitted online until 4 p.m. of March 28, 2014 (Fri).
- C. Other documents related to the admission must be submitted by visiting office or via registered mail by 5 p.m. of March 28, 2014 (Fri).
- D. Admissions Committee will not consider any additional materials or changes once an application has been submitted.
- E. Submitted documents become property of SNU and will not be returned to the applicants. The application fee is non-refundable.
- F. Korean citizens who hold dual citizenship are considered as “Applicants of Korean Origin.” They are not eligible to apply as foreign students.
- G. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all the information and accompanying material provided in connection with their application is authentic and accurate. If any of the submitted materials contain false information, admission may be rescinded.
- H. The scores of the entrance exam shall be kept confidential.
- I. Admission may be cancelled if a successful applicant fails to meet any qualification.
- J. Other admission procedures not included herein are subject to the guidelines and criteria set by GSB.
- K. All applicants are expected to visit GSB website (http://gsb.snu.ac.kr) on a regular basis for checking announcements and notice.
- L. Announcement of additional admission for general applicants is given individually via phone so applicants shall be available for the contact. GSB shall not be liable for any disadvantage arising from applicants' not being able to answer the phone.
- M. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to each applicants individually who were not admitted.